Portadown Boat Club Regatta 2018: A Celebration of Rowing
The annual Portadown Boat Club Regatta, on Saturday 12th May, saw a full day of exciting activity on the River Bann with over 350 rowers taking part in 140 races.
Portadown Regatta is the only full regatta in Northern Ireland and 15 clubs will attend, from as far afield as Dublin to Derry, Belfast to Enniskillen, in what is seen as one of the major regattas in Rowing Irelands calendar. Crews have been putting in long hours of gym work and on the water training all through the autumn and winter to prepare for Regatta season and its short sprint races.
A Celebration of Rowing at Portadown
Portadown Boat Club Captain, Christine McCullough, said,
“Portadown Regatta is a fantastic Celebration of Rowing – the day has a great atmosphere with 10 hours of racing along the 1000m course, with crews preparing their boats, spectators all along the tow path and exhausted rowers at the finish line.”
As well as Junior racing (12- 18 years old) there are also Novice, Club and Masters (27 + years old) categories. The oldest racing category is for competitors aged 65 plus!
Portadown Boat Club will be running continuous races during the course of the day with competition starting early in the morning. The public are welcome to come along and watch the races along the tow path. All visitors and spectators are ensured a warm welcome and food and refreshments will be available at the Club house throughout the day. The Regatta at Portadown Boat Club is an exhilarating spectator sport even for those who know nothing about rowing as 2 boats race head to head along the 1000m course which makes for an exciting finish.
Regatta Menu: Limited Edition Event T-shirt:
Event Plan Layout showing trailer parking , car parking and one-way system for launching boats:
- Course Map 2018
- Rules of the Regatta 2018
- Junior Time Trials – Very Important! view file
- Regatta Timetable 2018 – PDF version view file
- Live Timetable Link 2018 view file
- Regatta Invitation Letter and Safety Statement 2018
- Entries can only be taken via the Rowing Ireland website.
- Time Trials – we are limited in the number of races we can run during our regatta. In the event of over subscription we may have to run time trials for certain events.
- Further information can be obtained by visiting the Rowing Ireland website.
Closing Date for entries: 19:00 @ 02/05/2018
Contact Details: Ted Dunlop, PBC Secretary, 07719057982, firstname.lastname@example.org