Would you like to join Portadown Boat Club? If you have rowed before or if you would just like to give it a go please get in touch with us.
If you have rowed before you could join in with our existing squads – Click Here to see which one suits you.
Would You Like To Try Rowing?
Portadown Boat Club are holding beginners sessions starting on Saturday 14th September at 9 – 11 am and lasting for four weeks in total. Each session will cost £5. If after 4 sessions you decide to join the Club (which we hope you will) you will get £20 off your annual membership fee. This is suitable for juniors aged 12 and over. We are running the same beginners session for adults except they are on Sundays – starting on Sunday 15th September.
All you need to wear is some gym kit suitable for outdoors, a fleece and a light rain coat if it is raining. Don’t wear anything too lose that could catch while rowing.
When you are joining or renewing your membership please complete the Membership Application Form available from
Annual membership subscriptions are:
- Junior 14 (up to Junior 16) £180
- Junior 18 (inc. over 18 full time student) £240
- Adult £300
- Family £456
Payment by installments:
Standing Order payments are available to fully paid up members of at least one year by individual arrangements with the Club Treasurer who will confirm the amount and term of the agreement. This is at the discretion of Portadown Boat Club.
Your annual membership fee allows the continued provision of are superb Club house, gym and high quality rowing boats and equipment.
The Club membership fee excludes:
- Registration with Rowing Ireland which is required for participation in Heads and Regattas. This must be paid directly to Rowing Ireland via their website and cost approximately €50 for Masters and €25 for Juniors. Please refer to Rowing Ireland for confirmation of these fees.
- Entry fees for Regattas and Races. All members rowing or coxing at events will be required to pay the full entry fees for the events as dictated by the hosting club. Race fees are non refundable
- Transport Costs – Rowers attending away events are required to contribute to transport cost (for rowers, boats and equipment). Costs are shared equally and advised in advance of each event.
Race entry and travel costs are to be payable by each member before embarking on away events. This is mandatory for all members and is non refundable if races are scratched as Portadown Boat Club are expected to pay fees for all entries to each event.